REMICADE 100mg 1 vial
There is no generic option or alternative medication for Remicade as of this date. Approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1998, Remicade was formulated from antibodies found in both humans and mice, the ratio of biological proteins being 75% from human and 25% from mice sources. It has been called the designer” anti-body, a ground-breaking medication designed to target TNF only.
Patients who intend to undergo treatment using this drug should consult with a doctor and be well informed about the realities of its side effects, including but not limited to:
- Extreme fatigue;
- Flu-like symptoms such as pain, warmth and red coloration in the skin and fever;
- Skin rashes and pruritus;
- Upper respiratory tract infections such as sinusitis, bronchitis, coughing and pharyngitis;
- Gastrointestinal conditions such as diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain and dyspepsia;
- Urinary tract infection (UTI);
- Arthralgia (joint pain caused by infection, illness, injury or allergies to medication);
- Moniliasis, another term for candidiasis or yeast infection.